Monday, April 12, 2010

Sam's Second Surgery

Hi again!  Sam just came home from his second lung surgery.  His mom says he is cancer free for the first time since August.  But the fight against his cancer isn't done.


I have been blessed with some really nice donations for my ride.  I donated to a lady who was paddling her surfboard for miles and miles and a whale came and swam along!!! WOW!  She was raising $100,000 for Breast Cancer and they are over that.  Isn't that cool.  I want to do the same thing for Sam.  Some person from New York saw my donation and the website and donated to my fund raiser.


My mom and I want to bless Sam and his families socks off.  I'd love to raise $1000, but even more would be even better!


I am going to ride my bike 20 miles on May 15th.  (So is my mom-well going to ride Her bike, not mine Haha!)  We are still looking at our route but it may be from Sam's church to his house.  Mom says there aren't very many roads that are bike friendly on that ride so she's looking for maybe something else that is safer.


I am asking for just $1 per mile or even just $1 per person.  Please send my blog to as many people as you know that could help me.  And when I finally figure out where I'm riding, you can come see if you want! I've sent my blog to a few of my mom's favorite "famous" bloggers but they are too busy I guess so I am asking if you could send it to lots and lots of regular bloggers that have a big heart for one boy wanting to bless his best friend and his family.


Oh, and mom said she'll post a picture here of Sam and me playing Wii right after his first lung surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment